A decadent lobster dish for a romantic evening in
If you are looking for a dish to impress a certain someone, this could be it. Imagine delicately sweet lobster and prawns smothered in a creamy Champagne sauce. You could make this dish with our lobster meat, lobster tails or you could buy a whole lobster and make it all from scratch.
200g lobster meat
300ml whipping cream
2 shallots minced
1 clove garlic minced
1 bunch oregano chopped
1 bunch basil chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
- To make the sauce, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Sweat the shallots and the garlic until they are translucent.
- Add the champagne and bring to the boil and reduce by half.
- Add the cream and season, boil the cream until the cream reduces slightly and is a saucy consistency.
- Add half the chopped basil and half the oregano.
- In another non stick frying pan heat the butter until it is melted and foaming.
- Add the lobster meat and prawns and the remaining basil and oregano.
- Once cooked remove the lobster and prawns from the pan and place on a chopping board.
- Boil the pasta in well salted boiling water.
- Add the butter to the cream sauce and whisk in. Add a splash of water if the sauce is too thick.
- Drain the pasta and add the sauce and add the prawns and the lobster.
- Serve in two bowls and enjoy with the rest of the champagne.