Homard en Croûte sounds so much better than Lobster Pie!
Whatever we call it, it's still delicious, think savoury creamy sauce with a hint of brandy married with sweet tender lobster. This is a actually a really simple recipe, make easier if you use our lobster meat which saves you the hassle of cooking and preparing the lobster.
- Heat oven to 200C.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion; cook until golden about 5–7 minutes then add brandy and cook until reduced by half.
- Whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes then add the cream and bring to a boil. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened for about 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in lobster, nutmeg, salt, and pepper and take off the heat.
- Divide lobster mixture between four ramekins set on a rimmed baking sheet or one large pie dish. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry and cut into circles. Brush edges of the dishes with the beaten egg and place 1 circle over each and press to seal.
- Brush pastry with egg and bake until golden on top and filling is bubbly which should take about 20–25 minutes.