Garlic Steamed Clams
You can make this dish with either hard shell clams or palourde clams, we made it with our small hard shell clams and it was delicious, just don't forget the crusty bread to mop up all the lovely sauce!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 small shallots finely chopped
- 120ml white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 kg clams, either hard shell clams or palourde clams
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley to serve
- Crusty bread - to serve, not optional!
Heat the oil in a large pan on a medium heat, add the garlic and shallots and cook until golden,
Add the wine, butter, thyme, salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
Add the clams, cover the pan and leave for 4 - 6 minutes until the clams have opened.
Stir in the parsley and serve straight away with crusty bread.
Recipe and picture Saveur.com