Lobster | Crab | Prawn Burger - You decide
Put down the greasy beef burger our Asian-inspired seafood patty with white miso. You can adapt the recipe below to use lobster, crab or prawns for your burger or perhaps a mix of the three. A tangy tangle of purple slaw on top seals its burger superiority.
- A bunch finely sliced spring onions
- A bunch chopped coriander
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- Zest and juice of a lime
- Half teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 700g of lobster meat, crab meat or prawns or a mix of shellfish
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 50ml oil to cook with
- Salt and pepper
- Six bread rolls and salad to serve
Whisk together all the ingredients except the shellfish, panko and oil until smooth.
Take 1/3 of your chosen shellfish and blitz in a food blender or chop into a paste. Roughly chop the remaining shellfish and add to the wet mix and mix well.
Form into six patties about 1 inch thick and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
Heat the oil in the pan and fry the patties, about 5 minutes each side, until nice and crisp.
Serve in toasted bread rolls with salad or coleslaw and mayonnaise.
Recipe and picture My Recipes