Oysters with Apple & Ginger Relish
A zingy and fresh topping for your oysters, perfect for spring. The key to this recipe is to dice all the relish ingredients as finely as you can to create an elegant oyster topping, or if you are more like me, then rustic is fine!
Makes enough for 25 oysters
- 2 granny smith apples finely diced
- A thumb sized piece of fresh ginger grated
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeño chilli finely diced - add to taste or leave out if you prefer
- Salt and pepper
- 25 rock oysters
Stir together apple, ginger, shallots, jalapeño, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Top each oyster with 2 teaspoons relish, and serve.
Recipe and picture Coastal Living