Lobster Pizza Please!
It sounds really decadent, but a little lobster can go a long way especially with our handpicked lobster meat as what you don't use you can freeze for another time.
Makes one pizza
- 50g lobster meat
- 1 uncooked 12 inch pizza base, here's a good recipe to make your own
- 3/4 cup Roasted Garlic Pesto, recipe below if you want to make your own
- 4 tablespoons goats cheese
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, cut in half moon
Chop up your lobster, you can slice the tail into discs or just roughly chop the tail, claw and knuckle meat all together.
Place the pizza base on pizza stone or pan and spread on the garlic pesto.
Place pepper goats cheese and lobster meat on the pizza base and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella.
Bake at 180 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Roasted Garlic Pesto
- 1 large garlic bulb
- 120ml cup olive oil
- 4 ounces pine nuts
- 6 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 big handfuls of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
Slice off the top of the garlic bulb, rub with oil and wrap it in foil. Roast in 180 degree oven for 45 minutes to an hour. Remove and set aside.
Place pine nuts and half of the Parmesan in a food processor and pulse 4 or 5 times.
Remove the garlic from the foil and squeeze the pulp out of the cloves into the food processor.
Add the basil leaves and pulse 3 or 4 more times.
Add the remaining Parmesan and the rest of the oil and pulse 4 times or until smooth.
This recipe comes from Maine Lobster.